Chocolate-Aubergine Torte with Raspberries
- Bake it - bake the aubergine for 30 minutes on 180C/350F/Gas 4
- Blend it - puree aubergine with sugar, yoghurt and vanilla essence in a mixer.
- Shake it - sift the dry ingredients including egg white powder and whisk together until well combined.
- All in - add dry to wet mix until just combined finally whisking in melted chocolate. Yum!
- Time for a cuppa - press mixture into a 20cm tin and bake for 20-25 minutes on 170°C/338°F/Gas 3
- Finishing touches - Once cooled top with raspberries and dust with Icing sugar.
For the sponge
For the topping
Top TipRaw cacao has many health benefits over cocoa. It contains minerals such as magnesium, iron and potassium and is rich in antioxidants. It also creates a rise in serotonin levels, boosting your mood.